One of my favorite bloggers (Rae at Darlin’ Rae) has kindly nominated my humble little blog for its second award, the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!
- Thank and link back to the blogger(s) that nominated you. [Thanks Rae!]
- List the rules
- Share seven facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other inspiring blogs
- Optional: display the award logo on your blog and follow the blogger who nominated you [I already do! :)]
Seven Random Facts About Me:
- I’m right-handed, but I bat lefty in baseball/softball, play mini-golf left-handed, and would be a lefty in hockey if I played… and field hockey if they let people be lefty! However, when it comes to feet, I am so right-footed it’s ridiculous.
- I try to be open-minded about food, but I refuse to eat olives, celery, mussels, or any hot peppers or spices. I’ve tried them and I despise them all! I also hate how so many delicious-looking things, especially guacamole, get ruined (for me) by having spicy things added. My plea to anyone preparing food: please have non-spicy versions available for wusses like me!
- Apart from the 4 months I studied abroad during college, I’ve lived my whole life in Massachusetts. Part of me wants to give in to my crazy-strong wanderlust and move somewhere else for a while, but the other part of me knows I’d be wicked homesick and miss my family too much.
- I’m a librarian currently working as an archivist. Before this I worked as a library assistant; for a newspaper; in a mailroom; as a cashier; as a day-camp counselor; and as a babysitter. (Not all at once!) When I was a kid I always wanted to be a writer when I grew up… except for the brief time when I wanted to be a detective.
- This may seem like a cliche after saying I’m a librarian, but I LOVE to read. I’ve always loved reading, and used to devour books as a kid. I especially loved mysteries (probably why I wanted to be a detective!) like the Boxcar Children and Cam Jansen and would carry books out of the library by the armload. These days I love reading memoirs; travelogues; books about running, soccer, and libraries; and almost any kind of fiction or nonfiction that seems interesting to me. I just wish there were more hours in the day so I could read more!
- I never flew in a plane pre-9/11. My first plane trip was in 2003 when my dad and I went to Cleveland to see the huge U2 exhibit at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. We got caught in the “Great Blackout of ’03” when we were waiting for our flight home and ended up having to drive the 600+ miles. It was an adventure!
- In honor of it being summer, I was trying to decide what my favorite vacation ever was. I think it needs to be a three-way tie:
- My whole family rented a cottage on the Cape when I was 8 or 9 and we stayed there for a week. It was right on the beach, I got to play with my cousins every day, and it was awesome.
- My parents and I took a train from Worcester, MA to Denver, CO to visit some family friends and explore Colorado. I had never left the northeast before then, so it was fun to see another part of the country… and a whole bunch of the country in between as we rode through it.
- My mom and I went to England for 2 weeks after I graduated college. We explored Dorset, spent a whirlwind day in London, and pottered around Oxford. I inherited my Anglophilia from my mum, so finally getting to be there with her and see it together was so great!
True the name/theme of the award, I picked 15 blogs that have inspired me as I’ve embarked on this journey to becoming a runner. I follow all these blogs and have really enjoyed reading about everyone’s adventures, not only in running and fitness, but also in food, travel, and life in general. (There are others, including Rae’s blog, that have been nominated for this award recently by someone else so those aren’t listed here. It was more difficult than I expected to narrow the list down to 15, so be sure to check out my blogroll for other favorites!)
Don’t Blink. Just Run.
The Crazy Runner Girl
Flake and Cake
Magpie in the Sky
Switzerland’s Next MountainWoman
Jane Likes to Run
Adventures of a Mother-Daughter Running Duo
Slowly Running Fast
The Stampeding Turtle
Girl on the Run
Are there any foods you refuse to eat?
What was your favorite vacation?