Apologies, dear readers, for the total cop-out post that appears below. I’ve been lacking in the inspiration department lately and, even though I just did a Liebster post not too long ago, Amy at Let’s Go Running nominated me and posed new questions, so I’m taking the easy way out 🙂 Do feel free to skip this post… I’ve been writing lots of facts-about-me posts lately, and I don’t blame you if you’re bored of it!
1. Do you speak a foreign language? If so, how do you say “I love to run!”? If not, which language would you like to learn?
I studied French all through middle and high school, but sadly I don’t remember too much of it. When I first tried to translate “I love to run!” in my head, I came up with “J’adore courir!” but don’t know if that’s true. (Although, Rae came up with the same phrase, so I’m guessing we’re right!) I guess it could also be “J’aime courir!”? Bonus answer – I’d love to learn Dutch!
2. What’s your least favorite household chore?
Scrubbing the tub.
3. Do you enjoy running when you can do whatever you like, or do you prefer to have a training plan?
I think I prefer a mix of both. I love just running off and doing my own thing, but the structure of plans and run club workouts is helpful sometimes.
4. Share a favorite holiday tradition you have.
I’ve always liked having birthday cake for dessert on Thanksgiving (late November birthday FTW!)
5. What was the first job you ever had?
My first real, on-the-payroll-and-not-just-babysitting job was a day camp counselor for a town recreation department. I helped with crafts, organized kickball/wiffle ball games, tried and usually failed to distribute under-doggies on the swings, and pretty much just tried to keep the kids out of the woods and out of the road.
And now, to cop out even more, I’m jumping on the Four Survey bandwagon… Briterati posted it and it looked like fun, and clearly I can’t be stopped!
Four names that people call me, other than my real name
- Lil’ D
- DGobs (hence the URL for this blog)
Four jobs I’ve had
- Archivist/library assistant
- Editorial assistant at a newspaper
- Mailroom clerk
- Cashier at a drug store
Four movies I’ve watched more than once
- Love Actually
- Pitch Perfect
- 13 Going on 30
- Singin’ in the Rain
Four books I’d recommend
- The Humans by Matt Haig
- Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
- Running Like a Girl by Alexandra Heminsley
- I’m a Stranger Here Myself by Bill Bryson
Four places I’ve lived
- Worcester, MA
- Quincy, MA
- Boston, MA
- Headington, UK
Four places I’ve visited
- Dublin, Ireland
- Paris, France
- Edinburgh, Scotland
- Oranjestad, Aruba
Four places I’d rather be right now
- Blackwells bookshop, Oxford, UK
- Eagle Beach, Aruba
- The White Horse Pub, Headington, UK
- In bed with a cup of tea and a good book
Four things I prefer not to eat
- Anything spicy. I’m a wuss.
- Organ meats
Four of my favorite foods
- Yorkshire pudding
Four TV shows I watch
- Nevermind the Buzzcocks
Four things I’m looking forward to in 2015
- Spring! (I’m done with winter already!)
- All the books I’ll read
- Running more with the Shammies
- Summer, when work is quieter and my commute is easier
Four things I’m always saying
- Sorry. [It’s a reflex.]
- It’s all good!
Because this Liebster/survey madness is out of control on my blog and I’ve nominated everyone I can think of, I’m not going to pass on the nominations. However, if you’d like to jump on the bandwagon, please do! Feel free to answer any question that strikes your fancy in the comments, or let me know there if you do your own survey post!