Fallon over at Slacker Runner nominated me for the One Lovely Blog award… aw shucks. Cheers, Fallon! Friday seems like a good time to bang out a quick awardy post, so here goes:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you. (Thanks Fallon!)
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
1) My weakness at work in the mornings is an iced caramel latte from a particular cafe on campus. One of the baristas there makes them so good. But… they’re also so expensive, and I try to be good and bring my own coffee from home so that I don’t go broke, but it’s hard to be good when two coworkers make coffee runs to that cafe nearly every morning and invite me along. It would be rude to snub them, right? Resistance is futile.
2) As you probably noticed in the background of that photo above, I have weird things hanging on my cube wall. I’ve got pictures of Spurs players, a little poster of Nomar Garciaparra reading Harry Potter, various weird things people have drawn for me, and even a label from a wheel of Wensleydale Cheese featuring Wallace and Gromit. I love my weird little cube decorations!
3) Okay, while I’m on a work kick, take a look at the back of my chair:
Yep. That’s four (4) hoodies. I’m obsessed with hoodies. Pretty much always have been. I’ve had people tell me that when they see a hoodie, they think of me right away. What can I say? They’re wicked cozy, and cozy is my middle name. (Plus, it gets really cold in my office sometimes, and you need to have different colors so that your outfit doesn’t look totally ridiculous with the addition of a hoodie, right? …. Right?)
4) I’m struggling to think of things to write about myself. That counts as something about myself, right?
5) I have a little Hulk keychain on my work keys and it makes me happy:
6) The first music video I ever saw was either (because I can’t remember exactly) Tom Petty’s Don’t Come Around Here No More or “Weird Al” Yankovic’s Fat… both pretty bizarre videos to have seen at a very young, impressionable age. Maybe that explains a lot…
7) And, kind of related… remember how in my National Running Day post I mentioned that I’d be celebrating by stretching and being a good PT patient? Yeah… I totally forgot that I actually had tickets to see Weird Al that night. Oops. So instead of doing my PT exercises, I was singing along to such classics as “Dare to Be Stupid” and reveling in my nerdery.
3. Nominate 15 other bloggers and comment on their blogs to let them know.
As always, this is a pressure-free nomination… if you want to drink the Kool-Aid, awesome! If not, no worries. I’m also not going to do the comment thing because I’m lazy. Regardless, you should check out the blogs I nominated… they’re all fabulous!
Do you remember the first music video you ever saw?
What’s a random fact about yourself that you’d like to share?
Who’s racing this weekend? Any other fun plans?